The Trash Tournament
The Trash Tournament actually starts on July 1st!
Welcome to the Tidewater Kayak Angler Annual Trash Tournament. An event run like a fishing tournament, but instead of submitting fish, you will submit your catch of trash. This is a FREE EVENT. This year, we're partnering with iAngler Tournament Systems in providing a unique and fun way to get outside and help clean our coastal environments. There are plenty of cool prizes to be given away. Each bag of trash equals one raffle entry. The more trash photos you submit, the greater your chances of winning gift cards and other great prizes! Ready, GO!
We also hold an in person clean up at Owl's Creek on Sunday July 19th 8am-12-pm. Lunch will be provided by the club. Raffle drawings will be held at lunch.
Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the safety of kayakers and the conservation of Virginia
iAngler Tournament is a cloud-based management system for hosting "Catch/Photo/Release" fishing tournaments. It's easy to use, and collects vital catch data for research.
TKAA Trash Tournament
A Statewide Coastal Cleanup
Rules and Regulations
1. Participants must register correctly and fill in all required fields on the iAngler Tournament App or web page.
2. The Tournament starts at 8am EST on Wednesday, July 1st.
3. No photos of trash picked up prior to this date and time will be submitted. Our system recognizes photo time stamps.
4. Participants may only submit their photos between 8am on July 1st to 12pm on July 19th (Eastern Standard Time).
5. If a participant has trouble uploading the pictures onto the website or app, they must submit their photos and all required field information to email@example.com prior to 12pm.
EST on June 13th (Eastern Standard Time).
6. One 5-gallon bucket/bag or equivalent size full of trash will count as one (1) bucket.
7. You may submit one photo with multiple buckets in the picture. Please select the appropriate number of buckets in the photo.
8. One bucket/bag = one raffle entry
9. If you collect a piece of trash that is larger than one (1) 5-gallon bucket, it will count as one bucket/entry. (for example, a washed-up chair would count as one bucket/entry)
10. Tournament submissions end promptly at 12pm EST on Sunday, July 19th.
11. Winners will be announced within 24 hours.
12. Three (3) attempts to contact each winner will be made. If the winner does not respond within one week of the last and final attempt, they forfeit their prize.
13. By entering this tournament, you agree to follow all state and local guidelines regarding access and social distancing.